Friday, July 22, 2016

This is 33

February 7, 2012 was the last official post on this blog.  Fast forward to July 22, 2016, I just turned 33 years old yesterday!  What?!? Yep. Time flies and clearly I haven't blogged in forever.  I won't recap the last 4 years right now cause that would take quite a while.  But let's talk about the last couple of days for starters.


Clam Chowder at Schooners
Tuesday July 20th, 2016 after an important doctors appointment (I'll share more in a later blog) we headed out of town for the night to celebrate my 33rd birthday.  We hit the road around 1030 am and arrived in Monterey, California a few hours later.  We stayed at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa (seriously a beautiful hotel).  It's at the end of Cannery Row.  After we checked in, we took a walk to an Antique Store across the street and had a latte at the local coffee shop at the Plaza it was pretty delicious.  We headed down Cannery Row checked out some shops and just strolled together hand in hand, no agenda, no where to really be, no rush, just us walking down Cannery Row together in beautiful 67 degree Monterey, California weather!  I loved every moment of this time.  Later we headed to Schooners at the Plaza for a birthday eve dinner by the bay.  It was beautiful and even more amazing being by my husbands side.  We went back to our room and fell asleep for 2 hours, haha, oh man we we were tired.  Even with a short drive, Eric had closed the night before and we had an early doctor's appointment, and a long work week so we were tired.  We went out for drinks later and that was nice.  Just the two of us enjoying some us time at the bay in such a beautiful setting with refreshing breezes from the bay!  
Lemon drop at Schooners


Shrimp Heaven at Bubba Gumps
Dinner by the bay with my babe
Bubba Gumps {7.21.2016}
Aquarium {7.21.16}
Schooners {7.20.2016}

Wednesday July 21, 2016, Happy 33rd Birthday to me!  Oh how my sweet husband made me feel so special and loved this couple of days.  We went out to breakfast, got ready and headed down Cannery Row to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.We hadn't been there in almost 5 years, so it was a nice trip.  It was definitely packed, being the middle of Summer and everyone is out of school and vacationing makes total sense.  Some more walking and off to Bubba Gumps for lunch.  We love us some Bubba Gumps.  Life is definitely like a box of chocolates!  You definitely never know what you're gonna get!  After a while we headed on home. I have to say though, these couple of days with my sweet husband, my best friend, I felt so incredibly loved.  Getting away for a mini birthday trip was just what I needed.  My cup definitely runneth over.  



Seriously lots of Hot Sauce in this place! Cannery Row {7.21.16}
It's Harry Otter {7.20.16}

Big Fish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium {7.21.16}


















This is 33 for me.  A wife, daughter, sister, friend, aunt, nina, niece.  I work full time, go to school, do my best to love others as much as possible.  I am blessed, blessed with a wonderful job, with the opportunity to go back to school, blessed with a loving husband, with a beautiful mama, and people who love me for me.  Thank you God for continuing to bless me in such amazing and wonderful ways and for your continual love and grace.  Here's to 33! 

No comments:

Post a Comment