Onward is a second book written by Howard Schultz, the CEO of Starbucks (the company that I work for) It was released late last month and as a partner in the company I was graciously given a copy. Eric took that book before I could read the first page and finished it while he was recovering from his accident. He had so many wonderful things to say about it and I can not wait to continue my reading journey in Onward. What have you read lately? How has it moved or changed you? What has it taught you?
::: eric and jen richmann ::: established in 2011 ::: our life. our love. our story. our adventures.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Reading, a wonderful pastime.
Eric and I enjoy reading. He has been more avid then I have. But I've decided this is something we can both enjoy and worth more on my part. A time where we can sit in a room, on the couch, side by side in bed, at a coffee shop and enjoy a good read. The sweet time we have together of sitting near each other sharing something we both enjoy with no words but the word of love and quality time is there! Reading is good. Reading is healthy. Reading can teach you so much. And it keeps your mind alert and sharp. Keeping your mind working is so good for you especially as we get older. We enjoy reading together and sharing what we read and then look forward to reading each others books. Eric is currently enjoying Signs of the Cross and just finished Onward by Howard Schultz and I, the Secret to love that lasts. It's been great! I have learned so much and encourage all married or engaged folks to check this book out. It has taught me so much about myself about my future spouse about what is healthy and not healthy in a relationship and it's pretty fantastic. Gary Chapman has several Love Language books out, my encouragement, find one that meets your needs, read it and you will be amazed at how big it can be for you and life changing! What's your love language?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment