We often get stuck in the fact that life is about appearance only. What will they think? What will they say? Who the heck are they? And why does it even really matter? Instead of asking yourself what do they think or what will they say if we don't do this or that lets ask ourselves what's important? What means most? How can we love and support people in our lives without worrying about appearance or all the negativity that consumes the world. Why are we letting it consume us?
I (Jen) am a Harmonizer, it's who I am. I am a people please lets keep the peace make everyone happy type of person so when others hurt it hurts me deeply or what people think of me may hurt deeply as well. In the grand scheme of things who is the audience that matters the most? Our friends? Our co-workers? Family? Strangers? Management? Or God?? I think God!! Life is short we are told that many times over and over again and we say that over and over again. Life is short let's cherish this time together. We say that when there is a death but how often do we keep up with those words. Maybe a day? Two days? A week? Yeah not often! Life is short. Do what means something special to you and hope and pray that your family and friends will love and support you along the way because appearance means nothing! It's what your heart says!! How is your heart?
I often take what others say about me or to me so much to heart. It cuts deeply and leaves an open wound. I will turn to God and to my mom and to people who God puts in my path way but talking to my mom today she said, "Mija, Don't let it get to you. Keep Smiling and Keep laughing don't let it get to you!" Sigh of relief, she has told me this many times but today it hit my heart, it hit home. No matter what we are going through friends and family no matter what hardships or hurts from whatever circumstance or from whomever lets remember to never stop smiling and never stop laughing. To always love others where they are at and to never give up. We are ONE body in Christ!
James 1:2-4 says Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
All I can do is let go and let God. All I can do is love my mom and love others as best as possible. All I can do is keep smiling and keep laughing. All I can do is Consider it Pure joy and grow and learn. Who cares what others think. Because God doesn't care about money or how much you have or can afford to do or can show off or what looks good to others. He cares about your heart! And ultimately that's something we wish to carry on to our children. To not allow material things to get in the way. To not allow appearance to get in the way. To not allow others to continue to hurt them. To let go and to let God. To keep smiling and laughing. To grow and learn and cherish what is in front of them to the fullest. And to keep your heart full of love and joy and peace and filled with God first and loved ones second and so forth! Be encouraged, life is hard it throws many hard curve-balls that hurt deeply but don't stop smiling, don't stop laughing and allow others to pour into your life and encourage and uplift you! It's the blessing God gives you, take it!
No comments:
Post a Comment